Sunday, October 3, 2010

Family Matters

Kyle and I were blessed to have back-to-back family filled weekends.
Last weekend, we went "Up North" to the Minocqua, WI area with Kyle's parents. We stayed in a beautiful condo at the Lighthouse Resort.


This was the view from our deck:

In Minocqua, we ate lunch at the brewery and enjoyed some delicious bloodies and sweet potato fries - yum!! 


Our dream of a quiet, relaxing weekend was soon interrupted by BEEF-A-RAMA. There were so many people waiting around for this beef parade, but it only lasted 5 minutes and consisted of people in costumes walking with beer. Very strange but I can't lie, I was entertained!

We took advantage of the beautiful weather and enjoyed some boating and canoeing.


A view of our condo from the lake:


We also enjoyed going for walks, playing cards, a pickle ball match, introducing Kyle's parents to Sparks and great food!





This past weekend my parents came to visit, bearing many gifts - a deep freezer, fire wood, and food. We went to Monona for a chili cook-off and enjoyed trying many different types of chili, including cranberry jalapeno (SPICY!).



Dad, showing off his stack of chili samples. Yumm!! 




Back in Columbus, mom helped me plant some bulbs from her and grandmas garden - I am hoping and praying that they will grow! Dad helped us figure out our fireplace, and it was so nice to have a fire going in our house. Now it feels like home.




2 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures! The one of you in the canoe is great.
    I'm a little jealous of all the family time you've had in the last few weeks. Must be nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pic of you in the canoe! Looks so beautiful! I sure did miss the Minocqua area this year...so beautiful! And can I just say that I'm TOTALLY jealous of your fireplace?! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Thanks for updating the blog!!

    ReplyDelete